View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Approved Member

To clarify what I am intending to do, I am not intending to go real deep into this, my objective is simply to change the mothership stats around (number of GK Guns, Turrets, Systems) so that each mothership is distinct, and has its advantages and disadvantages.

Of course, I am not 100% sure how to go about this, which is why I am avoiding specifics.

Quote:
--MS launched Missiles might destroy the total balance?
--may be extra droid pod?
MS launched missiles would be too much a hassle to be worth it... Even if they somehow worked on motherships, you would have to go to a station every time you want to refill your mothership, in addition, you cannot control weither your mothership fires or not so your mothership will be wasting all of its missiles on the first engagement every time. I do not even have to try it to know that it will be a bad idea.

Quote:
---accuracy/hit effect/range/rate of fire/warhead speed
---kinetic warheads need a total upgrade, but may be too big a task.
Kinetic warheads are actually not too shabby. The -only- reason I prefer lasers is the extra range they get, and if I had a mothership with enough turrets I would probably mix kinetic weapons in there. Admittingly, it helps that anti-laser fields are extremely common as well.

Last edited by Nanaki; 04-04-2010 at 11:36 AM.