View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 05:29 AM
Approved Member

Yes, I have run the Fun 4 ALL servers since around 2007 or 2008. I put it up because it was the only easy setting server up at the time. A lot of players got their start there, on other servers they were getting creamed on day one. On F4A they got a chance to learn and many people were there to help then with views and other things to help them on the harder servers. Once they got it down they moved on to the harder servers. Some stayed there, they it liked better. Some came back and "warmed up" there before heading to the harder servers. There was even little kids that flew there and had fun.

There were a few people that got mad because new players were flying there and there was no easy kills in the other servers.. I could write a book about all the things that happened there and some of the things people have done there..

A couple of years ago someone from HL said that it was the longest running server on HL. It should be around a few more if my health holds up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlee View Post
Dusty88, are you managing FUN~4~ALL server ?
Just to say that your efforts are appreciated. I have discovered it recently and have spent some hours there with pleasure (4.13 version). Normally I avoid "easy settings" but AIs in large numbers, shipping targets and "no cockpit" models, especially of flying boats have win my heart.
Well done and hope the server will stay for long.