View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

A few people have voiced their concerns about the flight models in RoF being simple. You just get a handful of planes in the air at any given time and it's an arcade-style dogfight. I don't know where you're getting this from. Have you played RoF lately? WWI dogfighting is much different than WWII. The scale was different, and naturally the airplanes were different. Obviously, I've never flown any of these aircraft myself, but they handle really well. I get a more realistic sense of flight than in any other flight sim I've played actually. I remember the first few weeks I got the game I would poke my head out to the side and hear the air rushing hard and I looked down and actually got a feeling of vertigo. How those little biplanes float around is spot on. I think this combined venture will surprise a lot of people.

The RoF graphics engine is capable of handling a lot more, you just gotta give it time. Let's say, enough time for a 2014 release? RoF is amazing, and the fact that 777 is teaming up with 1C to make the next IL-2 game is literally the perfect scenario. Over the past couple years RoF has ironed out the kinks and the engine is smooth, pretty, bug free, and accurate. What else could you want?

I also love the pricing model for RoF. It prevents piracy, it keeps the devs funded, and it allows for a high standard of quality. Every one of their planes is beautiful (even if it's an ugly plane), and if the flight modelling is incorrect, since the devs are continuously funded, they can work on them consistently to fix them.

It's a shame that one thing failed, but in the wake of its demise grows a potentially far greater thing. The series lives on!