View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 12:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendo65 View Post
Surely this whole issue reflects one of the 'benefits' of increasing screen resolutions - giving a more realistic experience. That is, real-life pilots equally would find it difficult / next to impossible to spot aircraft at extreme distances.

The extra 'ease' of spotting/rendering the far-away aircraft on lower-res screens is actually less realistic - resulting from the deficiencies of such screens.

Of course, from the perspective of making it easier for a sim pilot to see the enemy early and get a better chance of winning it might be preferable for some people, but I'd argue it is less realistic.

Just my take...
Yes! This ease is exactly what I was aiming at. As an online pilot, I don't want to be at a disadvantage by using a higher resolution

If it could be made as realistic for the lower res users as higher res, that would be great, but currently in IL-2, the lower res enjoys the ability to see the dots A LOT further than with a higher resolution.

It would be really great if a game technical solution would be found to balance this.

-Untamo