View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 05:56 PM
Approved Member

Default 4.14.1 timeout 0 black magic

When 4.14 was just released I was not able to join any 4.14 multiplay server due to "timeout 0" error.
Some people who ran their servers were kind enough to advise that whenever I tried to join, the server reported the followihg: "Cheater was detected! Reason=4: 'Radar' ".
I never ever had any "cheat" programs on my computers but I decided to check and to change everything I could. New clean instal from Platinum CD, different ways to upgrade up to 4.14, Steam version tried, COG version tried...
No success. Connections to 4.13 servers were OK, to 4.14 servers - "timeout 0".

Recently I got a chance to start from the zero, so to say. New desktop was acquired and I decided to try my luck again.
New hardware, new OS (Win 10 instead of Win 8.1), no old software transferred to new computer except the IL2 itself.
Same story. Perfect connection to 4.13.4 servers and "timeout 0" message with 4.14.1 servers.
I scratched my head and decided to kick out the last element which was common for old and new computer - my Internet provider. Smartphone switched into hotspot mode and desktop wifi connected to the hotspot... No success. 4.13.4 servers OK, 4.14.1 servers - "Timeout 0".

And since I tried everything I could think of, the only explanation is...
Gremlins. They are real.