View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 12:12 PM
Approved Member

Default Dark Side - New Units/Spells/Skills

Despite my dislike of the game, I am a sucker for new units a spells, so I used DEV mode way back last summer to check out the new units and took screenshots. Because I was interested... a bit.
I only posted descriptions of the new skills/abilities, you can see the attributes in the screenshots.

Changes to old units:

-All Evil units get "Of the Dark" (such great translation!) to indicate they are eeevil. All good units get "Of the Light". Only useful to indicate spell/skill targets and moral. Light units dislike Dark units and moral will drop. Unfortunately, they changed all the spells that did not affect or hurt demons/undead to do the same for "of the Dark" units, meaning that your enemies will be using spells and Priest/Inquisitor skills to damage Undead, Demons and Orcs too, now.
-All Demons get Frenzy. See the Fire Elemental for description. Basically it increases attack as they deal/take damage and gives the chance to decrease reload time for frenzy points.
-ALL Demon talents are rechargeble now (because why not have Demons summon other demons and plant circles every third round, eh?) They also have much longer reload times, because of the new Demon skill Frenzy that basically makes the troop reduce reload time by dealing damage or using skills or taking damage... so, Rage, basically. It's woefully untested and makes Demons perform skills every other round they could only use once per combat in previous installments.
-All Humans get Figthting Spirit - units get +1morale if they lose half their numbers. pretty useless.
-Imps/Scoffer Imps get "Fire Thrower" (SIC!) ability. It's basically a description explaining why they have two Fireball talents now, both reloadable.
-Cerberus: Leap has a basic 9 rounds reload time.
-Swordsman: Prudence/Cautious has a change now, apart from the 10% chance, it increases by 1% for every 4% of troops lost.
-The Plant trait now makes the unit regenerate 10% of its max health
-More later.

New Units:

-Fire Elemental

New Level 1 Demon unit, basically a Ghost with a fire aura - you can still see the outlines of the Ghost if you move the cursor over it.
It's a terribly weak and slow (2 move points) melee unit that is immune to mind and fire, and burns enemies. It can teleport to burning units and use a round attack, because sure, you would want to teleport a weak unit into the throngs of battle.

-Blood Priestess

Level 3 Demon unit, has a design very different from any other artstyle on the game.
Another slow (2 move) melee unit like the Demoness, only weaker. Even has the +1 cell long attack just like the Demoness, and Beautiful. Her basic attack applies Bleeding curse - unlike in previous games, bleeding lowers HP and deals physical damage every turn.
Her talents are the afore-mentioned long attack (same damage), applying bleeding to an enemy from afar, and Sacrifice - which is just like the 3rd level of the spell. Only useful if you manage to Hypnotize or Seduce enemies, as summons cannot be sacrificed still. Guess being female she would benefit from Anga's ruby, if that's still in the game.

More later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BloodPriestess.jpg (425.5 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg FireElemental.jpg (570.6 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 02-01-2015 at 12:18 PM.