View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by novatekk View Post
He does, so at least they are reading these forums and the complaints.
That's good. At least we know somebody is looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnerwetter View Post
But then again, current design is different from what you saying here.
It's like, you are right, but they are right, too. RnR actually have non-competition deliveries - actually, lot of them if you count side quests.
RnR just trying to be a game, and of course RnR posess lots of 'improper' - how shall I put it? - allowances? - such as compressed time or competition deliveries.
RnR tries to entertain its players and have several ways to do it.
You can, if you want, do races and only races. Or you can build up your company. Or you can do all side-quests in the game (no one of them requires you to race or compete) and never visit a warehouse or your office. You can play storyline if you want it. If you don't want it, you can drop it.

TL;DR I am trying to say that RnR doesn't force you to play competition deliveries or races. But why to remove them completely?
Heres the catch. Non competitive deliveries are very few. In each warehouse you might see 2-3 (in the large ones) and 1-2 (in the small ones). The majority is competitive, and racing. Also the non competitive ones pay the least, and if you want all the cool stuff for your truck, it will take forever to do it (if difficulty is set high).

Most if not all of the side quest have a time limit, and some are impossible to meet if you don't upgrade your truck. Which puts us back to my first paragraph.

If you abandon the story line, you won't get the final award, and win. Sure, they don't force you to race, or compete, but it would be hard, if not impossible to complete the story line without racing, or competing.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 03-16-2011 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Merged Postings Into One.