View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borsch View Post
Impressive! I also started playing about 8 months ago, but still prefer to play with icons- mostly to relieve eye strain. Although I switched of map icon as those kill the suspense/surprise factor for me

Another aid with target identification would e a button that when pressed would prompt your (obviously all seeing) AI wingman to report the position of the enemy- as coordinates on a map ( eg " enemy in square Q-10"), an also its relative position (eg 3 o'clock - like its currently implemented in IL2) and its altitude. The main point is for this to happen ON DEMAND from a player eg at a press of a button, or at least to have that option.
One has to think there are observers on the ground and squad mates in the air. I think the ability to get vectored to the enemy (not 100% accurate in all circumstances though) would add to realism rather than take away from it.

I am thinking of my current stock campaign in the Crimea and many missions are flown over friendly territory or close to the line of battle. It would be realistic to assume that reports could get to the pilot about enemy planes being spotted. Maybe the information is old, maybe it is incomplete or inaccurate at times, but having it there would be a blast.

Splitter