Thread: Dark Side Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

Actually, the majority of reviews have been good. Read a few and I understood why - the reviewers, with a few exceptions only played the previous game for a few hours and not more, hence they don't see how little Dark Side adds and how many more things it gets totally wrong. Many reviewers were not even aware that this game uses the same engine, models, sounds, everything as the previous ones.

So why no separate forum?
Maybe because this is the fourth "fox-skin" (as the Hungarian saying goes, you can only skin ONE fox so many times before it gets useless) of the same game?
Maybe because they re-made the SAME mistakes they did in WotN, and ignored things Armored Princess corrected?
Maybe because of the ridiculous imbalance of the units and skills, like Death Knights with rechargeable Drain Soul, a Warrior skill that lets you Halve enemy units (no leadership requirement like with the Archdemon in CW), or overpowered spells like Gift making a return?
Or maybe because of the cookie-cutter "bad people are good, good people are bad" story that has been translated via Google Translate?
Or possibly because 80% of the new units are minor shade-changes (not even reskins) of existing units with "Of the Dark" / "of the Light" (prime example of bad translation) added. And half of these skin mods are actually taken from a FAN-MADE MOD, like they did with the Undead Lizardmen in WotN...

I played this game for a week and uninstalled it, uninspiring empty maps, bad story, munchkin units like Dragon Riders that summon Black Dragons (why not have them cast Armaggedon too every turn, eh?) - sorry, already WotN was bad enough. I have been replaying CW with different army setups since then, and enjoying it far more than these last two games. The change in programming team is sorely showing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonhot View Post
I also playing as vampire on impossible,and i literally mop the floor with invincible enemies ,no loss of course
Seriously? How the heck did you beat the three impossible armies at the first castle? I went with Demoness and on Hard, and it was not doeable no-loss, simply put.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 01-29-2015 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Edit