View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 04:36 AM
Registered Member

This game doesn't need a sequel. What it needs are more games like it that are well optimized. With the lack of optimization, a GTX 200 series card is pretty much required to play at max.

I don't like to think of this as a game. It's more of a story that uses gaming as a medium. Cryostasis could easily have come from a work of literature. Honestly it makes all those other games that claim to be art like children's novels in comparison. How ironic that it's rated T when in fact it probably requires a more mature audience then any other game.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get in contact with the developers. The site seems to have a virus on it so I can not access it. I would like to ask them some questions about what they intended with many of the things.

Many of the things in the game I still do not understand, primarily the hooded figure that you see walking around. If anyone noticed he has three different textures on him throughout the game. A blood covered one, one that looks like the scales of a fish, and a world map. Also at the end there is a chess board that seems to have some meaning behind the placement of the pieces. King seems to be in check by knight if I remember.

Also if anyone has played through the Russian version do they have a different interpretation of the story.