Thread: Naked challenge
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

You say - no skills, items, rage, spells..that's exactly what this challenge is about. It does not have to be pretty, but difficult & different. There is still enough tactical elements involved. Were my previous challenges pretty? I cannot tell, but my emphasis has always been on increased difficulty somehow, ad this last challenge is a pinnacle of them. You see, I am naturally defensive cautious player and increased difficulty appeals to me. Like I said feel free to amend it the way you like.
But the rest of your post left a bit baffled.
1) KB AP+CW games have been out for years, and kiting has been described and discussed in depth. Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under impression that kiting refers to removing "stationary" continent scroll guardians and getting a scroll without fight. There are no such guardians on Debir. Just running around and picking free laying items does not constitute kiting. There are instances when continent scrolls may be awkwardly placed (on the litle patch of land by the sea in case Monster of the Abyss is placed there as well) but there are no "stationary" guardians. I believe it is developers
decision not to have such guardians on Debir (and partly Scarlet), since you are very low level with limited army choices, and it would just cause players' frustration to have some stronger guardians right on Debir. Many would just restart the game to get better conditions.
2) it's true you will most likely not have 2 runemages before fighting for Verona scroll in this challenge, I just provided a useful tip which does not necessarily have to kick in right at the start. It is useful later under specific circumstances, just like royal thorns are useful early on and again later on when situation calls for it - for example no strong shooters in enemy army + slow melee units. Summoning 2 x thorns before enemy comes and holding the middle could be the only way to victory..
I do not use just one army setup. I have castles full of units waiting - royal thorns, demonologists, engineers, trolls...My current setup you can see in the screenshot. Dragons are weak, and only pester shooters. I wish to replace them with vampires later on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg level26.jpg (468.3 KB, 54 views)