Thread: Naked challenge
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Approved Member

I suppose you've noticed yourself that as get more experienced with KB, less and less army, spells etc. you need to succeed. I just wanted to push it to the limit once and see if one can do it completely "naked". It is not a standard gameplay, just a way to entertain myself after putting hundreds of hours into KB. I believe there are still plenty of tactical elements - battlefield structure, units special skills, iniative etc to make it worthwhile. If new strategies get discovered I gladly share them.

here is a few good old standard tips:
- group of paladins with 4 x 1 archmage can defeat most of the debir. prolong fights to ten rounds and maximize magic shield usage. you can gain 300+ hits on guardian angel medal right there.
- engineers are fabulous unit for first few islands. sturdy summoner with blinding spell. Since on first few islands there aren't many high level enemies use their blind with maximum effect by cleverly positioning your stacks at the front.
- use battlefield to your advantage. You can drag difficult enemies around a bit to get favorable battlefield conditions - usually naturally occuring bottlenecks which will slow enemy down.
- runemages can sheep enemies easily, since you will have 20 magic runes quite soon. sometimes use more stacks of runemages to make a mockery of enemy army. It is not always size, but type of units involved. Both beholders are excellent for dealing with low level enemies.
- use cheap and cheerful spells to divert enemy fire, use Spells like nature call, book of evil. Fear is tremendous spell if you have higher quantities, you can base the whole battle around it. I also used Fit of energy in difficult fights on runemages. all can be found from very beginning.
- use royal thorn overpowering tactics. Summon thorns and hold them back for a bit cause they die easily. With your other units quickly kill some weak stack preferably plenty of low level enemy. Summon extra thorns. work on another weaker enemy stack. Once you got few thorn summons out, bigger part of middle of the battlefield will be occupied by skirmish. Retreat with your main army back, regroup, heal, shoot etc.
- Generally, slower the enemy melee stack, less attention it requires. try to outmaneuver them while you deal with more dangerous stacks and leave them to the end. I never pick battlefield treasure unless battle is decided, since chests represent obstacle and sometimes distracion for enemy (unless enemy has robbers )

few desperate tips:
- start new game, collect free Scarlet & Bolo scrolls. Go to scarlet and collect free 1-2 scrolls. You need Call of colossus scroll for either black dragon or troll.....chickeeen
- start new game and check Bolo if there is free Rusty scroll outside Erica tent. This way you can do juicy free quests - Rohaty, Pirate Captain, Smuggler and collect emerald dragon very early.