Thread: Naked challenge
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Approved Member

Default Naked challenge

Gentlemen, ladies, aliens
(in order of size of playerbase)

Two games I was looking forward to playing in 2012 - new KB: Wotn and Diablo 3. Well, both games were rushed and left a lot to be desired. Let's hope for some decent patches. So once again I dusted off a (digital) copy of Crossworlds, and asked myself a question : Can you finish the game with completely "naked" character? And yet another challenge was born..
1) No kiting - guardians have to be defeated before continent scrolls are claimed
2) No pet dragon - pet dragon is not used at all and stays at level 1 until end of the game
3) No equipment - no items can be equipped on your character
4) No skills - your hero cannot learn any skill. The only exception is giving Scouting 1 to your warrior hero, so you can see & plan things without affecting difficulty.
5) No companion - yep, no one there to listen to your cuss words
6) And for those fearless masochists - No loss.

Note : casting spells from scrolls is allowed.

Basically just utilize all KB knowledge you have and get out there and do it. I am not sure if no loss is possible at this point, I have so far completed approx. 1/3 of the game. Boy is it tough! If you've thought some strategies are overpowered, then under these circumstances they are not, believe me. It brings me back to my first days with KB series, when I was just going around islands looking for something to kill actually. Fights might take a bit longer than usual, 20-30 turns depending on your strategy. Now rules of this challenge are not set in stone, you can change them to suit you, for example I noticed that this challenge without going for no-loss condition can be quite pleasurable for advanced player, but be careful with money. I'll write later on some hints&tips (which are probably all known by now anyway), so for now at least some screenshots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg verona scroll.jpg (545.2 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg montero bridge.jpg (400.3 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg level 21.jpg (562.4 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by impy; 12-21-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: spellingggg