View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

The German dialogue is correct. If at all, the German and Russian dialogues are the only ones with correct grammar.

"Feuer auf mein Kommando" means "fire at my orders| wait for my orders", or a temporary "hold fire" until orders change by implying this will happen soon. Therefore it could also be translated in "Get ready to fire".

Mich is not used in help me, as mir is a dative expression and defines the receiving person. Using mich is as bad as saying "help my".

Kommando means orders in that context and not commando unit.

German articles don't follow gender rules, they are the only grammatical part of the language that don't follow any rule, at least when it comes to defining genders. In case of Vaterland, the article relates to the last word in the word combination which is Vater + Land (father + country), and Land is "das Land". Therefore "das Vaterland".

"Nimm das" is correct too, not sure what you think "DA" is.

"Scheiße, mein Bein", means as much as "Shit! My leg!", it's nothing but a short expression of pain and while perhaps not an example of the beauty of the German language, absolutely common and correct.