View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

Default Bad German Dialogue

One of the things I noticed about Men of War is that the German dialogue is littered with poor grammatical errors and poor syntax usage. "Feuer auf mein Kommando!" Is not real German at all. Kommando means a Commando unit behind the lines. I think the proper way would be "Feuer auf meinem Kommando!" Für das Vatterland would be "Für dem Vatterland!" in the accusative case of the German language. "Nimm das" is also wrong. The German word for "Take that" is DA, which confuses Russians obviously. The German dialogue is just way too cheesy. "Scheiße mein Bein." S***T my leg! "Das Ziel ist im Reichweite." I do not believe that´s correct either.

The game is too full of cheesy patriotic slogans that would be inappropriate in certain circumstances. I cannot imagine an American soldier saying "For the Motherland!" because that´s a Russian phrase, translated from "Za Rodinu." because Motherland is not an American concept of importance in our culture like it is in the Russian culture.

I believe that "Hilf Mir" is actually "Hilf Mich!" You say mich in that situation because "mich" is used in that case in German.
"Ich brauche eine Granate." I need a grenade. Other instances of German dialogue. I´m sorry, but "Nimm dass" is not correct German speech anymore than "The Machine Guns take the" Or "I´m being shotted at." (not actual game dialogue, me making fun of the German dialogue ingame.)

The German accent dialogue, with a strange Germanic accent with English is too cheesy for my tastes. Anyone else notice how cheesy the German dialogue is and how wrong it is?

Please make an MoW game with better German dialogue!

Last edited by Patchman123; 05-26-2012 at 08:13 PM.