View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato_larsen View Post
Very funny to see the difference in comments here. Why is it that he would not be able to play old OLD games with those specs??? Seriously?

That is decent specs from a stock bought (probably in a el shop somewhere) and he will be able to run the game in lower settings.

Yes, your graphics card is a bit on the slow side mate, but still, that is an upgrade you can do.

I am myself running all recent games fairly on my rig

Wich is C2D E8400 at 3.6Ghz (yes slightly overclocked) 4 GB ram and a decent XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 GPU

Works just fine on most games. Struggles a bit with high AA on DX11 games when I run them on 3x 22" screens at 5040x1050, but if we take an example of DCS Blackshark and the currently released DCS A-10C I run them just fin on medi to high settings.....

You will run this game fine on lower settings I am sure, but as with all new releases on a new engine you newer know until you try. So if you can afford the decent price on the game, give it a go. If not, then well..... Give it time. It is all up to you.

Low settings? One russian user used a similar system and had everything set to max.