View Single Post
Old 10-31-2023, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugumby View Post
Was just working on a Rostov 1941 winter mission and found out the water is frozen all over the map, ships would move but no wave motion but aircraft like MBR and any other float planes wont take off etc.My map date is set to 22 oct 1941.
Hi stug,

I don't build on winter maps much, but isn't water usually frozen on them, regardless of date (at least shallow water)? Wiki says the Azov Sea is relatively shallow and usually freezes 2-5 months of the year. The Russian Winter of 1941 was notoriously brutal anyway, so it seems reasonable that all water on this map would have been frozen, as it is in the game.

Ice won't stop ships from moving in the game. They will even move over regular land if you plot them that way in the .mis file. But it does make a mess of seaplane takeoffs, as it should!

Is it actually your aim to represent an action on 22 Oct 1941? If so, why not use the Autumn map, since October is in the Northern Autumn? I guess you may want the Winter look, but it seems on this map that means frozen water. Maybe a job for the amphib MBR-2!