View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 05:33 AM
Approved Member

a little preview from wargamer.com:

"
I got this today for an upcoming review, and I have to say it's a lot better than I expected.

The unit detail is outstanding: it shows 15 variables that go into calculating a unit's attack, morale, and ranged attributes in real-time battles. Pretty neat.
The AI is no slouch. I've been flanked by the computer numerous times so far, using the terrain to its advantage.
The campaign is very, very similar to the one in Mount & Blade, where you guide your army around, trade with villages, raise armies, collect taxes, engage bandits, and take on small missions. It works well within the context of the game. I need to investigate trade and diplomacy options further, but it clearly indicates good items to sell or buy, and there is a map that shows where goods are needed and in surplus for easier trading.
Units and heroes can be upgraded with experience, increasing their attack or morale values or changing them into new, higher-level units.
The tactical battles can be quite large, and there are skirmish and multiplayer options for up to six players on randomly generated maps.
About the only downside I've seen so far is that the campaign is difficult: there aren't enough low-level enemies you can feast on early-on, and the higher-level foes will hunt you down. Hopefully, things will get easier as I delve into trade.
"

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/posts...514&get=590262