View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Approved Member

never heard of this bug, but this must have sucked. the ending is rather calm and it's not a big bang or anything hollywood like what i meant when i said it made me realize the game's ingenuity. it's merely the fact that all plotlines are combined and you're able to see how perfectly all fits together, so from a designing point of view is was done in an excellent way.

also, i very much liked the fact that the ending was merely used to present a deeper meaning. also, the fact that it turns out that everybody is still dead and that you merely had an impact on everyone's afterlife gave the whole feeling i had while playing the game a twist, because when i played it, i expected something completely different. so the ending is not loud, it's not shiny, it's not some over the top action scene like in most games, but it's calm and very psychological and fits the whole game very well. i can see how not everyone will have changed feelings towards the game after having experienced the ending, but i sure had.

there are some great explanations of the plot on this and other forums. may be checking them out will grant you a deeper look into the philosophical side of the game. it can be easily overlookeddue to the game's nature as an FPS, but it's sure worth it, because if the ending can't make you see the bigger picture of things (and i had a prob with that too at the beginning), then those certainly can.

Last edited by Xiaopang; 08-17-2009 at 08:49 AM.