View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 06:52 AM
Approved Member

Ok slow but how different it is, slow is at best at high end developement 40% slower in homm5. Is this really useful when in kbtl against many units the result is they move of only 1 with a real tactical effect.

On resources managements it's sure that kbtl has problem, I don't mean complex resources system is required but troops resources aren't that well design in kbtl.

For battles design, different is a little quick, different but also much more subtle and interesting in kbtl.

EDIT: A bit out of topic, but not fully, the best would be that I could check a homm5 forum where there are interesting exchanges about battles tactics (and strategic too). Anyone can provide such link?

EDIT2: To be clear, I didn't wrote homm5 wasn't a good game not even it wasn't as good than kbtl, only that battles are very far to have the same finesse. Good game anyway... I'm just playing it.

EDIT3: I have to admit the game is captivating and despite see the next fight coming is a bit tedious because they are a bit repetitive. But I also quote some finesse points like a complex initiative system (kbtl doesn't do better with Cry Battle, Stone Skin, Fit of Energy, initiative and wait system) and more over more tools linked like lower enemy initiative. The RPG mood of first campaign is interesting.

Last edited by Vilk; 08-12-2009 at 05:01 AM.