View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 06:30 AM
Approved Member

I understand the problem of multiplayer but that's also my grin, make a game for both always lowdown the gameplay quality for standard play.

About the spells there's in homm5, be less vague, what spell in homm5 for those:
  • So I'm not wrong, no Time Back, no Target, no mass sleep.
  • But there's invisibility? What homm5 spell?
  • There's walls to put obstacles like wall or ice thorns? I only saw fire wall and that's totally different.
  • There's slow? I saw haste but not slow. Some spell effect can freeze and at highest level that's a 100% chance but still that's not slow you use for a pure tactical meaning with a low mana cost.
  • There's free mass cannon fooder summon with zero mana cost? Sure the game allows summon, any game does, but for no mana cost, that makes all the difference and there's that in homm5?
  • There's field armor that disable any movements? Pure field armor is just another protection spell.
  • Leena ball is a very special thing, most player don't use it and don't know use it. But once you learn that's rather interesting. I won't even ask I know there's no stuff like that in homm5.
  • Is there magic spring? That's a rather complicate way to restore some mana during a battle but that's what make it fun. I haven't quote any stuff like that in homm5.
  • Is there mass Magic Shackles that block magic talents of enemy troops? Well units seems not have many stuff like talent but also I didn't quote any spell like that in homm5.
  • Enemy teleporting isn't teleporting, is really homm5 has that? In KBTL it's only through the use of Archmage skill but that's still huge and very interesting in a tactical point of view.
  • Is homm5 units has choices for attacking or using a non attacking talent? That adds a lot to finesses of battles and homm5 seems not have that.
  • Gift, can you in homm5 have units get back all its special talents?
  • Fit of Energy, is in homm5 you can make a unit attack a second time during same round?

Now I have played a bit homm5, finished the first campaign, start the second... and for now battles are rather pathetic in comparison with first areas of KBTL. Not that the game isn't fun, i have been catch but by the strategy aspects, in second campaign.

Mmm and for the quote I have seen some battles video of homm5 and they only confirm my feeling.

EDIT: And obstacles, no battle of homm5 seems have obstacle like in many of kbtl battles, and what make battles more subtle, obstacles obviously. If really battles design of homm5 had take profit of the same focus and quality than in kbtl, battle fields of homm5 would have much more obstacles.

Last edited by Vilk; 08-11-2009 at 06:38 AM.