View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 05:09 AM
Approved Member

Right now, in my opinion, this game fails to offer the middle-of-the-road realism that many console fans desire. The realism gap between Arcade and Realistic is too large.

Arcade is just silly, being able to go 1000 Km/h in a Spitfire plus machine guns that shred a bomber with two bullets. But Realistic and Simulation are nearly impossible to control without constantly stalling and going into an unrecoverable spin. The controls are very frustrating on Realistic and Simulation, and dare I say it, not even realistic. No fighter plane is that sensitive to minor turns.

Okay, so here's my suggestion to improve gameplay:

There needs to be another middle level of difficult/realism, maybe called "AUTHENTIC".

It would be in-between "Arcade" and "Realistic".

It would have the controls of Arcade, except no WEP (so therefore realistic speed), and most importantly it would have the damage model of Realistic so that it takes the right number of shots to shoot down an He-111. In "Authentic" it might also be easier to stall than in Arcade, but not as easy as in Realistic, plus stalls and spins would be simple to recover from or recover automatically, like they are modeled in the Ace Combat series.

At the very minimum, there needs to be an option to enable realistic damage in Arcade mode. I hate how you just touch the He-111s with your tigger and they explode. WW2 planes did not have vulcan cannons.

Thank you developers for your time.