View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music View Post
A few questions and suggestions:

Why do so few planes have full trim, they almost all have ele and rudder trim, I-16 has no ele, but thats the only one I can think of. But so many don't have aileron trim. Is that historically correct, to keep the pilots from setting it up and falling asleep in a 3 hour flight?

Is it my bad flying, or is the F6F a concrete pig, it does not climb, and for the Best the Navy had, a Zero Killer, it does not have the maneuverability or acceleration one would expect.

Did the P-39 really flat spin so easily?

Were the Russian planes really that bad,

I like using the clouds as a defense when playing on line, and F6'ing the guy chasing you makes that a even better tactic because it's not to hard to find them when leaving the cloud, But when chasing some one into a cloud, you can tell which way they are going if you can see the outline of your plane. and of course, you know exactly where they are as soon as you break out of the clouds. This suggestion is more for realism.

!
Trim / F6F/ P-39 - I'd suggest to play with your joystick/rudder settings to see what is the best for you in each aircraft. Multiple profiles might not be easy to handle, but they can help.
Spin in P-39 - yes, there are ways to stop it. With significant loss of altitude, of course. I did not fly this bird for years so not able to advise now, but if you search old forums you will find a lot of information. Spin was very hot topic in the community when P-39 was just introduced.

Soviet (not Russian, of course) planes good or bad?
Again, another popular topic of the old days. IMHO, they are not bad or good, just suited for the roles they were designed for. Some of them as La-7 are considered "unrealistically" good according to many "blue" virtual pilots.
If you can beat any La-5FN/7 in your Spit - great for you! Now it's time to turn tables and try La-7 vs Spit - why not?
I have not been on Alex for ages and surprised to learn about deficit of La pilots. In good old days (ah, yes, again...) La-5FN/7 were the most popular a/c of red pilots, especially of novices. And I-185, if available.

Clouds as a defence... I don't use padlock (this is F6, right?) so can not evaluate your suggestion. Just to note that online clouds can be deceptive. What I mean - exact position of the cloud on your PC and your adversary's PC can be slightly different. You might think you are safe but still to be exposed to him.
Otherwise I love "cloud defence". What can be better for the lonely SB-2 jumped by a pair of trigger happy 109F?