View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 09:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumoschwanz View Post
Here is a fun battle. I have had fun this past week flying four ace 1940 Re.2000 aircraft against four ace 1943 La5fn aircraft.

I start the battle at 250 meters altitude on the Smolensk map.

The tactic I found that works best for me is as soon as the La5fn comes into sight I order my wingmen to attack them as I veer off ninety-degrees to the right and climb up to almost 1000 meters. I roll into the battle as my wingmen meet the distracted La5fn squad.

The Re.2000 has light armament and much less power than the La5fn fighters so if you can wipe them all out before they wipe out you and all your wingmen you will have earned the victory.

I have gotten to the point where I can win this battle just about every time, so I will look for another one soon, but not before giving the La5fn squad one more chance....
Re.2000 is interesting a/c. Inferior in most respects to most fighters from 1942 on...that's why it is so interesting.
I tried it in multiplayer against probably every "red" fighter except La-7 and Yak-3. A lot of fun. Highly recommended.
By the way, it can be used as very precise fighter bomber or even dive bomber (yes, despite its meager bomb load).