View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 07:11 PM
Approved Member

Default Ten years ago today, Feb. 12th 2008...

IL2 was at it's peak in popularity.

These are screenshots of Spits_vs_109s server pages the morning of February 12th 2008. This is about the day that this server would reset it's stat-pages, which it did every month and they would start over from zero for everyone.

Notice how there were 1662 virtual pilots registered in the previous month. This means that besides the server regulars who would all be signed up very quickly, that on average over 50 new players joined it every day that month that had not been on it before! This was a busy server....

It was busy because everyone in the community at this time were all flying one version of IL2, the official patch, so it was very easy for everyone to get together and it was very easy for new pilots to figure out what to do and what version of IL2 to fly online.

By sheer coincidence I looked at these today and noticed the date I had saved them was the same as today but ten years later, so I thought it was worthy post, and maybe someone can look at it and reminisce and even see themselves on this old server list which I luckily saved as a complete web-page to a file that morning.

The Teamspeak window is shown more than once on the left of the photos because I had to piece them together as they were too big to be grabbed on my small monitor all at once....!

Last edited by Jumoschwanz; 10-02-2018 at 01:40 PM.