View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaunt1 View Post
That would be wonderful! But please, add a later Hurricane I too, with somewhat higher performance than the current early one. No 3d modifications are needed, only a bit of FM tuning.
+1, but some DM tuning might also be needed, as well as some very minor tweaking of external 3D, and some revision to cockpits.

Assuming that the Hurricane Mk. I in the game represents late 1939 production, as shipped to the FAF during the Winter War, other marks of Hurricane I would be roughly as follows:

March 1940 production - 12 lb. emergency boost (vs. 6 lb. for early production, for up to 5 minutes, using 100 octane fuel). Probably the easiest new variant to add.

May 1940 production - As above, but also armor plate behind pilot's head and seat.

Mark I "Tropical" (June 1940) - As above, but Vokes air filter added.

August 1940 production - As for May 1940 production above, but Schilling orifice, improved fire protection for fuselage fuel tank (earlier version of the Hurricane were very vulnerable to fuselage fuel tank fires which could penetrate to the cockpit burning the pilot, especially when the plane was hit from the front).

September 1940 production - Improved radio. IFF added. Radio aerials from rear fuselage to horizontal stabilizer. Radio aerial from radio mast to rudder removed and radio mast slightly revised. Slightly reduced top speed.