View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorfailure View Post
I don't get it. We will get a new and important map for free and all this complaining about how that's a bad thing?

This map covers a land area that saw nearly constant action from 40 to 45, and that alone makes it needed.
It can be used for early war, German offense vs. Allied defense, potentially with a fictional invasion. That's a lot of fighter/attack/bomber mission options there.

Second option is to employ it for any kind of smaller skirmishes - in between the big battles, perfect for Il-2, and it does give the option for German harassment missions on RAF installations for the first time (There are your "new" missions). Allied can do the same, and not having to play on the limited Normandy map is an advantage.

Third, of course, is Invasion of Normandy, and now we have the opportunity to go hunting further off the invasion area, destroy supplies/infrastructure. German options also change, now a big area is to be patroled, and not just a few square kilometers of invasion area.

Okay, it is not the perfect map for strategic bombing/ship hunting or whatever, but it still is a great, important map, and it is big enough to allow strategic bomber operations on a limited scale(and after all IL2 is a tactical game!), and it does have water so anti shipping is possible.

So as far as I'm concerned, I'm excited to play on this map.
+1