View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 12:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
Sadly I think in a few years the new sim will be history.

I don't think they understand the market, or the needs of the player base.

On an up note, my new computer build has finally allowed me to play the Finnish Hawk Campaign in this sim.

Just got back into it, but enjoying it, even though I'm stuck in Fokkers and Hurries for the moment. As you know I'm not much of an off line guy, but a well crafted off line experience is well worth the time spent.

Now that the dust has settled and development continues... I'm pretty optimistic about the new generation. It's not going to be the same as the old one with prettier graphics... its definitely different and not everyone is going to like that but I guess we'll see what happens. I'm pretty excited for round two (Battle of Moscow).

Glad to hear you're enjoying the Hawk campaign. Yeah I didn't make the player stick it out too long in the Fokker but its a really great way to break into the experience and you get such a rush when you finally get into the Hawk and flying something fairly competitive. I have to say its not as exciting as some of my other campaigns but on the other side of the coin it follows pretty darn closely to those early days of the Continuation War (Thanks to awesome public records for the Finnish Air Force) and the types of missions and opponents they faced.