View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up Exceptional game!!

Whilst I do not wish to be labelled a "fanboy" and to be honest I am way past that label (age wise) I just wanted to say that after my recent game disappointments, (I was not going to name and shame, but I am) Empire Total War to name but one, I am thoroughly pleased with this game, it is everything I hoped for.

Well ok not quite as the skirmish mode does take a little away from it, but I hope that it may come?

I just find the game to be truly great, I have Company of Heroes and the expansion but to be honest this is by far for me the better game, and it runs perfectly on my system, who could ask for more out of the box, I can't see any patches either from searching around so that is also a major plus point.

I have been so miserable about Empire that this game I got two days ago and have not looked back since!!

And finally a tough game, boy its tough!!, great AI for a change, something that CoH lacked and still does as far as I'm concerned, I have never had a game that literally from the start makes you fight and think about what you should do to tackle an enemy and that makes you nervous and twitchy at the same time, I have had to restart the first mission multiple times due to thinking that all is clear only to see hoards of the enemy coming at me, and trying to take them down before one of them and it only takes one, to chuck a grenade at the tank and its goodnight sweetheart!!!

Wonderful game........thank you