View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Registered Member

i am only on the third chapter but i must say i really like it. i think when the official reviews, by gamespot come out for example it will be put down for its absurdly silly story line, dialog, and the comments the character makes among other things, but the combat is great and that is whats important since its obviously the focus of the game. Great weapons, and i love the ability to dual wield different items with a pistol. Great visuals, gore/effects makes for an overall unsettling/creepy atmosphere which really complements the nature of the game. For an FPS, i think it is a very entertaining game and i look forward to finishing it!

another aspect of the game that really caught me by surprise is some of the ways you can interact with the environment. The solutions of issues are extremely common sense, but they manifest themselves in a way that it does NOT seem obvious in the game at all. For example, on the second chapter in the secret room in the hospital, i threw a grenade up onto the ledge toward the vampire collectable just out of curiosity and to my surprise the rope fell down, and i was then able to climb up and grab not only the fury increase, but a machine gun hahaa. When that happened it just blew my mind. There was no clue in the game that that rope could be severed and climbed(not flashing or glowing like in some games), you just had to use common sense and apply it to the situation at hand. Same goes for some of the blockaded doors that reveal secret rooms. You just have to use common sense and think that your guns/grenades can clear the wooden boards blocking it, although i was doubtful considering most games when presenting a similar situation would make it far more obvious that it could be destroyed, if it was possible in the game.

anyways, great game.

Last edited by myrrh; 03-10-2009 at 09:18 AM.