View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

Cheers Feathered. Yeah the skipper was very much based on Robert Shaw's great (always slightly rankled) persona in the movie. For the record I used a super cheap headset mic which I covered in a little plastic bag and rustled it while speaking to add some crackles. When I used other actors it was difficult to stop some of them using expensive studio mikes. To my mind the cheaper the better. Some of the electronic pops and beeps were done by humming, then cutting and pasting small pieces of this track into speech tracks. All very homemade.

To answer your question...yourself or anyone else are welcome to use my sound files or anything else I produced, mess around with them or whatever.

Most sims produce fairly stale voice files. If you've ever read the book or seen the excellent documentary 'Finest Hour', there's one of the WAAFS accounts in there who says they were wary of using females as operations map workers as the broadcast pilot language could be bad. But she said that these men were fighting for their lives. I'm sure they stuck to the codes when they could but if someone's on your tail trying to kill you I would imagine it'd be very different.

Last edited by Compans; 04-16-2014 at 08:47 PM.