View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calinda View Post
Gatts' tips are awesome, but only for newbies who play on some low difficulty, they simply won't work on impossible. I am still waiting for him to beat my score
I am now level 15 (not a single time I took Leadership, even if according my own tips, I should - " If you have Mana/Leadership, take leadership", but this race is about no Leadership till lvl 15... I am little bit late (finishing freedom islands, day 3) ) some battles were tough... but not tough enough ... I am playing impossible a lot, I just never "rushed" for top score (I enjoyed playing the game)... so after weekend I will come and smash Calindas score...muahahahaha... first time I play for score and I like it...

To BAL Hawk:
1. get the FAN MANUAL (translated to ENG, if you can't read russian ) - be the fan manual you bible (all spells/atrefacts/skills and rage skills are there)
2. Save a lot (not only QUICKSAVE, but da real save... )
3. Try to experience with army combinations, not to be afraid of morale loss, find the most fitting units for your strategy... by this you will also determine your KB strategy...(if you have a lot of HOMM experience, try to ignore all knowledge you have from HOMM, it messed my playstyle in KB, as there are small, but many differences in logic/units/spells etc.)
4. If you don't go for SCORE (my play style) you may search all areas/ land and sea avoiding overpowering or Impossible enemies and STEAL all free lying stuff. (you can use "catch me" tactic, you provoke enemy stack/army to follow you, you are always faster, so you may MANIPULATE their trajectory. By this you can "take" them out of their places, and if you go far away from them, they will stand there with ??? above their heads for few seconds... and slowly return... you can use this time for stealing them blindly)
5. Do learn all skills of your units, as warrior you lack on spells/mana, but many units have usefull skills, learn them, use them
6. Go for BERSERK spell, it will greatly improve the ATT of your units, is cheap (on mana) and will have much more effect than any damage spell (at least if your INT is below 15)... know that even BERSERK rises with your INT thus ... this spell will not make your unit to attack your other units... so if you place BERSERK on your archers, the archers will still attack ENEMY (but you can't choose whom) you can combine this with Dragon Arrows, Precision, Bless and get such amount of damage as you would never dream of.
7. Check for MODS

Last edited by Gatts; 01-16-2009 at 10:12 AM.