View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 02:39 AM
Approved Member

Default "Master of Spirits" skill - waste of runes?

I am a newbie warrior. I know what the skill does and its benefits.
But it seems to me that the skill "+EXP for rage spirits" is not very useful despite some thread recommend it.

From the default game completion high-score list I see the spirits were regularly leveled to Lv10-20 (max level is 30 but nobody ever reaches that, right?). Since more experiences are required to level up later, the +Experience skills will not give you 30% more levels (e.g. for level 17, 5 more levels) - but only about 1-2 levels.

It will simply suck if the extra level is not about to give you an upgrade of an important rage skill, which happens unfortunately more than half of the time. So basically you are throwing in a total of 15 might + 3 mind runes to gamble for a chance to make your spirit rage a little more useful. I think this is a pretty bad deal. You can invest those runes into other things that make more difference during the game.

Also I wonder whether these +EXP skills (learning and master of spirit) backtrack. For example, if I have accumulated 10000 EXP, will picking up the 10% EXP bonus instantly give me 1000 EXP? If so it is slightly more worth taking - at least you can save the game and see if what you get is worthwhile.

Last edited by maltz; 01-15-2009 at 02:42 AM.