View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 02:19 PM
Approved Member

Default Point Whores etc....

Point whores. Those who put points before all other objectives.

The maps I like to fly on usually have a mix of AI and human pilots flying around trying to destroy my ground assets, my vehicles, airfields and ships. I can't bring myself to land points as long as I have fuel and ammo. It is not uncommon to see me kamikaze into an enemy bomber, fighter or ground target instead of landing a spent aircraft.

The most pathetic are those who break out of a furball they have been throwing shots in and throw their landing lights on, thinking that is a free pass to fly home and land, sorry.

There are those who use Teamspeak as a tool for point-whoring too. Announcing over a general channel that "I am out of Ammo" or that they are hurt and are going to land now, often the same person that just blasted someone on final approach to their own landing strip out of the air. Screw you.

If I get someone smoking heavily or knock their controls off, usually I break off the attack and save the ammo and effort for the next objective, but if the target is a known point whore, I will certainly keep firing until the only way they are getting down is as a fireball.

On another note, I just tried to join a server that was still flying 4.07, what is up with that?
My theory: Since Mods have divided and destroyed the IL2 community that used to always fly the same patch, and also since mods have made IL2 installation more confusing and likely to crash than ever, there are those who simply said screw-it and stopped following new patches and add-ons period, and are sticking with what they know works.

Point whores are lame, non-official Mods and hacks are still lame, Flying on easy settings is gaming and not simming.