Thread: Ice meets Fire
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 09:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Yeah, I never understood why the Lizardmen had to be removed from WOTN and added only as summonables.

Seconded. I have replayed TL and AP and Crossworlds multiple times, but I haven't even managed to finish WOTN even once, I was so annoyed by the bugs and the bad system and boring storyline. It's sad, and one of the cases where I'd really, really want to like a game, but... can't. KB has been a godsend for me in the era where turn-based games are rare or no good (see Heroes VI), and I had high hopes for WOTN after Crossworlds... Hope you guys fired the WOTN team and re-hired the people who did the previous three games to fix the bugs and breath new life into it. I want to support 1C as much as I can since you are the best at turn-based fantasy strategy now, but I need reassurances this won't turn out as terribly as WOTN did.
Absolutely agree with how good Crossworlds is, even now. WoTN a big disappointment and I doubt the DLC will fix it, just add more grinding. I was never a fan of HoMM in the past, but I recently bought HoMM VI and played about 50 hours of it. I liked it okay at first but pretty soon I started to realise that I was going to be using the same units and same spells OVER AND OVER. I got bored and started playing Crossworlds again

So, let's hope we're wrong at the new DLC is worth it, but I'm not going to be the first one to buy it, put it that way.