View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

the way I understood it...

you are paving the way, for extra turning room, when you are slightly rolling AWAY from the enemy (what is this madness going away from enemy!?)

but you must simply do it, you must pave the way, for extra turning room (because at high speed, your turn radius will be shit)

You're above your own corner velocity when you're doing this kind of stuff (usually)

-I mean, in the ideal scenario, textbook case, this starts with the attacker performing b&z, on the defender's ass.

-Defender is able to see the attacker, "ooh there comes BUBBA - I'll have to turn into him because that's what Dicta Boelcke says to me"

... attacker has a cunning plan; doesn't waste energy ...

... but momentarily converts some of that velocity, into extra altitude (also this creates momentarily distance separation, between two aircraft - this procedure is creating the turning room required) ...

... but at the "exit ramp'" of barrel roll; cunning attacker converts extra altitude into huge velocity ...

... coming for defender's ass again ...

Why is this manouver sometimes better, than a normal high yoyo?

Does lag displacement roll, sometimes succeed where high yoyo fails? (or would fail)?

You do get very hard deflection shots sometimes with high yoyos, against break turns, NOT very easy shots

Why does lag displacement put you nicely at low angle-off, from bandit's 6 o clock (Im still trying to wrap my head around this part of the manouver, how can you defeat the defender's angles so well...)

Does high yoyo, simply RETAIN TOO MUCH energy? (for some situations?)