View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Approved Member

It's better to not try and follow a target with the pipper. Establish the pattern and aim ahead. When the target is -time- enough away from the aim point that shots will arrive at the same time, let off a burst.

The steadiest aim is when the controls are held still. Notice how changing speed and/or trying to make small adjustments gets nose bob/weave that does not happen when you are flying smooth? I find that it's easier to line up shots when the target is moving relative to my pipper, I pick a spot ahead of the movement and whether my flight is straight or curved my pipper is not wobbling. And that usually gets me deflection hits (when I do hit) which don't have to travel through the length of the target and get stopped by tail wheel, etc, and seat armor to achieve cockpit, engine and wing root hits.

The worst way to attack AI is to try and get co-speed on his six at under 300 meters. By the time you've lined that up it's going or gone evasive. Come in fast from a rear quarter, shoot deflection and you surprise them.

The AI are dummies, especially about off-angles. You can play to their strengths or their weaknesses.