View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by severniae View Post
Thanks for the help - surely I should be able to run higher than medium though - as stated on the hardware requirements -

"1 GB DirectX 10 compliant video card (NVIDIA Geforce 8800 / 9000 / 250 / 460 series or better / ATI Radeon HD 4850 / 5000 / 6000 series or better)"

I'm sorry but I just don't buy that my card is at the minimum - it runs much higher games much more smoothly than COD runs. Is there something wrong with the game?
Yeah, there's something wrong with the game, it requires strong graphics cards.

Card makers don't make it clear, but the first digit in a graphics card's number is usually a year/series number. So, x800 is probably going to be stronger than y200, even if y is a much higher number than x.

In your case, your card does seem to be stronger than the HD 4850 quoted:

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards....=649&card2=566

However, the marketing department were being over-optimistic about what players could get away with when they wrote that, which was naughty of them. That was a long time ago, and development has stopped, so though things are perhaps better than they originally were, thing probably won't get much better than they are now, though apparently unofficial modding continues.