View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 06:37 AM
Approved Member

Default Another brief update

Another brief update...

Okay, I've generated the following files:

1. *.act files for the tomes
2. *.hero files for the tomes

For both of the above this is 900 files (for a total of 1800!). These files are needed for the tome heroes when you suppress / upgrade the tomes.

I now have all the tome files implemented in one fashion or another. This is the first cut, but it should be at least 80% of the way there.

Right now I'm working on a common release for both AP & CW. The way this works is that I've determined which files are the same, which ones are different, and which are AP / CW only. The general idea is to edit the files that are the same between AP / CW (or nearly the same) first. This way I can maintain commonality between the two games as much as possible before the development forks. For example, ITEMS_MONSTER.TXT is the same for both games, so if I edit this file and have it include H3_TOMES.TXT, this will add the tome items to both games without me having to edit ITEMS.TXT, which are different for each game.

When it comes to the *.LNG files, it doesn't matter if I have extra labels from CW so long as they don't improperly overwrite the AP ones. So I'm going to do my best here with respect to adding new labels that work with both games.

I'm in the process of determining whether I can have bonuses for units that don't exist in AP. So for example if an item has a bonus to Orc Hunters, then I'm hoping that if I have it in AP the game won't crash. The work around would be to include the missing ATOM's in AP, but I want to avoid that if possible.

So we'll see how all this goes, I'd still like to release an alpha update that is common to both games within a couple of weeks or sooner if possible...

Matt

/C\/C\