View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 01:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royraiden View Post
Is not that they disappear per se, its just how the lods work and how the AA or maybe the lack of AA works.When you are near other planes they look right in all aspects, you can hardly see any jaggies if they are up close, but as they move farther away from you their shape is reduced to the point that the aircraft is represented by maybe 2 horizontal lines of pixels for the wings and maybe one short vertical line of pixels for the rest of the fuselage, those lines start to shimmer like crazy.Its easier to see the actual first dot than to keep track of planes when they are in that "shimmering lines representation".Im sure Im not the only one experiencing this phenomenon.
Yes, that's what I experience. It's also possible to see another aircraft, barely at long distance at wide zoom but when you zoom in, it's not visible. Maybe the real issue is LOD along with AA

By the way. I do think CoD is just awesome. Don't want to seem negative, but this issue has put me off a bit. A solution would be to use labels but those are such a distraction. It is a gorgeous looking sim.

Added system specs below
Velocity Micro Raptor Z90 | Asus P8Z77-V Intel Z77 | Intel Core i7-3770K 4.7GHz | Asetek Liquid Cooling System | 16GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | 4GB EVGA Nvidia GTX980 SC ACX 2.0 | 120gb Intel 520 Series MLC SSD | 1TB 7200rpm SATA 300 w/NCQ | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 7 64-bit |27" Samsung 1920 x 1080 display | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Last edited by SharpeXB; 05-14-2013 at 01:32 AM.