View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Approved Member

I think its for the best.

When Oleg was with the game, they had something working. Then he left, and then the engine was broke. Luthier tried his best and it was great effort, but all CLOD was is potential.

The IL-2 1946's successor was gone with Oleg left. We won't have that experience again. But one thing is during his tenure was he cared for the game.

Luthier did too, but seemed it was more obligatory, and if really would have cared, he'd gone to aid 777 with continuing the series. But he really likes Korean War.

777 crew care about the game, so its in good hands.

As much as I wish Tolkien's Fantasy was reality, it's not, its always that awesome potential in my imagination.

That's what CLOD was to me. It worked for me, as I had access to a really powerful computer, but it had the little glitches.

To scrap a game engine after its been developed (and released), really shows that engine had some major flaws and the advantage of fixing it vs using a prior and working engine and modding it to get close to quality of the new buggy engine wasn't worth it.

When they changed it over, I am assuming 777 took pro's vs con's on the CLOD engine and realized it was much easier to mod ROF's engine to close to CLOD than to use CLOD's and fix it.

I really wanted it to get better. But I think when they went to the ROF sound guy, and the sound was on point that one patch, that's when I think started it.

I agree w/ Robtek, one had to die so the other could take its place.