View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartoszcze View Post
I thought that you and your team will now start working with 777 on the next il-2 over the eastern front? Isn't that true anymore?
The IC publishers lost patience with Luthier, and the MG developers, and shut down the COD game engine development. The IC publishers obviously had discussions with 777 Studios on the merger to see who would stay, and who would go, from the COD development crew, some of it had to be very political, and cut throat.

Personally I think in the long run, IC publishing made a mistake, as IMHO the Cod game engine has far more potential than the ROF game engine. The ATAG modders are now seeing that vast potential, and it would have been even better if groups like the ATAG modders and developers were working in tandem taking ideas from each other, that would have only improved the product for everyone.

The BOS development should do OK if they greatly improve the user mission builder, and make it easier for users to create mods and content. I personally have some qualms as to 777 Studios behind the scenes involvement in the demise of the new IL-2 game engine, but some people will suggest they saved the sim, I'm not so sure. Time will tell.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip