View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyigz View Post
there are no specified shaders since the unified shaders came out, and since the gpu-s using multi functional units. the 3850 have 320 stream processing units, as the 3870, bcuz it's the same gpu(rv670) exept the clocks.

I don't play just il2, and when the real dx10 and 10.1 games coming, i won't downgrade to a dx9.5 gpu like a g92.

When im at home, i'll try to turn off 3dgunners, and setup radeon 9800 settings.

A G92 is based upon the G80 GPU with a die shrink and some enhancements like PCIE 2.0 and DX 10.1. It's certainly not a downgrade. They have a lot of bang for the buck.

In terms of a new GPU the most bang for your buck right now is the 260

I opted to buy another 8800GT and go SLI. I had some problems with SLI but I've been able to work them out. 8800GTs in SLI are in some cases faster than a 280 GTX. The key is SLI isn't as clean of a solution though it works. Running COD4 and a few other titles like a champ. The next move for me will be the move to a high end Quad Core but so far I'm not seeing games scale much past a 2 core CPU. I know FSX is about the only game where there is a noticable difference.

In terms of DX10 I aint buying into right now. This generation of cards isn't enough run it well and the visuals aren't that much better than DX9. So far I haven't seen the promised efficiency nor the mind blowing graphics DX10. Plus you can keep Vista... Only now is it starting to mature.