View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 12:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitbat View Post
I wish you all the best for the future, its sad that things have ended as it has.
I was talking to T_O_A_D on comms earlier about this, and it occurred to me that its thanks to yourself and Oleg and the rest of the team involved with il2, that there we were, talking to each other, me in the UK, him in the US.
Without il2, it is very unlikely that we would ever know each other and be friends, and all the other friends i have made though flying il2.
For that alone, you have my thanks, the hours and hours spent flying il2 is a a massive bonus.
cheers fruitbat.
This to me is one of the longest and least mentioned aspects of the whole IL2 venture. I learned to build PCs, use Photoshop, made friends from all over the world, some that I have known for over a decade and much much more as a direct result of IL2. Thank you Ilya .. not only for the efforts you put into CoD but also and moreso for me anyway.. PF.. As quiet as it is kept PF helped to save this sim and it would not be what it is today without PF and all that it brought afterwards.

Think about it..

So thanks.. and all the best. I do not know what will become of these boards in 18 months.. or what your plans are for the future but if you can find it in you, your presence and Oleg's for that matter would be a very welcome sight in any sim, on any forum, and any place in Cyberspace where IL2 is still celebrated.

~!S!~

Last edited by Bearcat; 12-13-2012 at 12:42 AM.