View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
There is no 'hit box' in the game.
There are several parts of plane, which are _modelled_ and bullet is tracing them, simulating loss of velocity and damaging to each part. Not in case of explosive bullets.

When you hit right engine, it will burn.
If you hit bombs - they are exploding.
Henkels are not armoured, and Hurricanes in trailer are with cannons.
So they are exploding.
Hurricanes with cannons... that'll do it. LOL

I've been doing the bOB II WOV shooting the .303s. You do get a response from the program that you got hits, but mostly no results. The devs have a strong penchant for historical accuracy so the firepower is pretty nil on the British side. I don't disagree, since providing a more historically accurate BOB is the user and dev intent. Still gets frustrating emptying your guns with no kills and having to head for base. IMO, this would be a loser for sure in a console game.

I think you've done right thing with console game. Console players like a lot of high quality graphics, fast action, explosions and lots of victories.

I hope you do well with BOP. It certainly won't hurt to have renewed interest in WW2 Combat flight simulation. Personally, I've got a $4,000+ PC, a $1,000+ in Controllers and have absolutely no thoughts of going to console games. I'm an adult, so sitting in front of TV with bowl of chips and a Monster drink and pushing buttons at light speed is not how I see myself.

Last edited by nearmiss; 08-28-2008 at 03:58 PM.