Thread: Update on Steam
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handel View Post
Is the steam patch compatible with the unofficial bug fixes? Because I see stuff in the fix which is not fixed in the official patch.
I think the important question is the other way around. The answer is yes, they are compatible. The whole point of the unofficial fixes is to repair stuff that isn't patched yet so we can enjoy it while we wait, and whenever the official patch corrects an issue we remove it from the fixes.

If you are having problems, I recommend deleting everything in your addon folder with a LUA extension. Then run the game to be sure it's patched. After that, you can put in any unofficial fixes that you want.

The way it works is the game looks in the addons folder for overrides. So we took a copy of a patched file that still has a problem and we fixed it. When you put it in your addon folder you are telling the game to use the fixed file instead. To revert, just delete the fixed file from in your addon folder.

Edit: If you can't use the steam patch for whatever reason, you cannot use the unofficial fixes. You'll have to roll back (delete them all) and see the bug fixes thread for manual instructions on how to implement what you want.

Last edited by camelotcrusade; 11-05-2012 at 07:46 PM.