View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
While we're on the topic, what sort of pilot aids would there be in the FMB arsenal for doing sustained climb tests?

Given the lack of a variometer or an aoa gauge, it'd be difficult to make sure you were climbing at a constant rate.
The good news is the C# script has access to both the indicated (I_) values and the 3D world (Z_) values.. So, even if the plane does not have a variometer (ROC) gauge, you can still get the ROC from the Z_ values.

Another thing the C# allows you to do is print to the screen.. In essance a HUD overlay.. Which is what I do and one of the values is the IAS value.. It is a big font and is smack dab in the middle of the screen so you can allways see it and thus not have to try and read the guage..

There are sevral good C# out there.. FST has one and klem has one based on FST's. I have been working with FST to come up with a newer version of the C# script to help assist in FM testing.. That and it has the standard file format that my website uses, the idea being people can use this C# script during testing, than upload the log file to my website and than display thier results on my website. I was hoping to get that out this weekend, but, I just found out that my grandmother passed away yesterday, so, Ill be going to funeral this weekend instead