View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
Question: What's with the ROC graphs on your site? I see a lot of spiky bits on the ROC graphs; is that a discretization error?
What you are looking at (on my website) is the rate of climb (ROC) data that was logged during the top speed per altitude (TSPA) test..

This ROC data is not valid ROC data in that this was not an ROC test..

The reason this ROC data looks odd, and much higher values than expected is that it is due to a ZOOM climb between altitudes..

In essance, what is going on there is at the end of my top speed test at a test altitude, I climb to the next altitude..

Thus my inital velocity at that start of that climb is the max velocity at that altitude..

So the ROC values are due to a ZOOM climb, which is not a valid ROC test and is why the ROC values are so much higher than expected.

With that said..

Near the top of the website on the 'IL-2 Cliffs of Dover' tab you should see a pull down menu called 'Test Type'..

The default is 'Rate of Climb (ROC)' which is why your seeing ROC data graphed instead of TSPA data..

Switch the 'Test Type' to 'Top Speed per Altitude (TSPA)'.

That will cause the graph to show TAS data from the CoD C# log files instead of the ROC data.

Also note, you can switch the units the graphs displays.

And you can compare the data of one plane to another..

Where the data can be ingame CoD data or real world data (RWD)..

For example, see the attached graph, which is the comparsion of the ingame CoD Spitfire Mk.I data to the RWD of a real Spitfire Mk.I

Enjoy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CoD_vs_RWD_SpitfireMk.I.jpg (119.6 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by ACE-OF-ACES; 10-15-2012 at 04:06 PM.