View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabetheace View Post
,,, I don't understand why people don't like pearl harbor, I think it is the best film I've seen and it's one of my favorite top airwar movies ...
For starters....Jimmy Doolittle did not recruit ANY fighter pilots to fly the B-24 bombers in the Tokyo Raid in April 1942. He put together a group of "Bomber" pilots, as one would quite logically expect.

No Doolittle Raid B-24 crew was captured after crash landing in China, in some Hollywood-style "Custer's Last Stand" battle.

No crewmember was shot/killed in any capture by the Japanese as shown in the Pearl Harbor movie.

Two crewmembers did drown in crash landings off the coast. (Three of the eight captured were executed later after a trial in Japan).

Everything about the scenes/sequences with Affleck flying for the RAF was comically inaccurate...including his wearing a USAAF uniform while in the RAF!

I could go on and on....but will close this by pointing out the absolute Hollywood insanity of the "ambush" of the Zero by the guys in the tower with Tommy guns and Springfields! Sheesh!

Alec Baldwin transitioning into the Comedian-Entertainer phase of his career started here, in his clownish portrayal of Doolittle.

Army Zeroes instead of Naval Zeroes...

...Kids playing baseball at 7:50AM???

ETC, Etc, etc