Thread: why?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Approved Member

Hmpf, okay. I let it be. It is simply happening only several times in your whole pilot life and there are billions of problems, which really makes it unplayable.

So, the time you choosed to talk about that topic (although they already know that) is simply not really interesting for 99% of the pilots, as it just never happens!!!

And flying hollywood like through valleys waiting for faults of your chaser is putting a smile in my face. Normally an average pilot would never crash into trees. He will have a look over your hollywood flying actions and wait for the time to come. If you really try to practically use this tactic, you should rethink your flying method. If this chasing happens often in your case, it is also a proof, that the server is dogfight server. And even if it is ATAG, you cannot deny the fact, that it is a dogfight server with added targets to come out of this sort of server. But as long as they and other server admins do not get the right tools in hand, they all simply cannot change the fact, that online flying in this case always turns out to be dogfighting inaccurately. This is not a fight against atag, but these servers tend to get more unrealistic, than flying special coop evenings with organized briefings and teams. The gaming is simply another one. Not always better for everyone (tastes vary) , but for me just a nice flying inbetween. The real wars are fought in organized coops or other events. Especially going deeper into clod with an seow like tool would be the greatest for me personally.

I just flew one time on atag. Due to map dimensions, several things are prevented and it was more fun than many other servers in il2 in the past, but for me it is not a substitute for the immersion, created by events.

But again to topic: The developers simply wouldn't especially take care on this matter and will not answer to your claim. I am pretty sure, that other claims go first. My guess: this will be fixed earliest in the sequel. And you never know...this could take another 2 or 3 years up to current speed.